Thursday, December 24, 2009

What is the difference between a bar of soap and a body wash?

I know that a bar of soap is solid and the body wash is liquid, but my question is in the arena of hygenic. Does the bar of soap leave you cleaner than the body wash. Does the soap kill germs, or does the body wash kills germs. Should i continue using both the soap and the body wash or should I ditch one for the other?What is the difference between a bar of soap and a body wash?
I've heard soap is more drying than your average body wash.





Unless they are labelled as antibacterial, neither kill germs.





Also soap stores germs on it as your skin contacts it, and then the skin and germs remain. Whereas body wash is squirted out fresh as you need it.





However this article believes that over all it make no difference:


http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.ht鈥?/a>What is the difference between a bar of soap and a body wash?
Soap can accumulate 'scum' in which bacteria can grow. Body washes are generally housed in some type container from which small amounts are dispensed. You would think, therefore, that washes are more hygienic, however what if someone unscrews the cap on the body wash and 'contaminates' the contents?





You probably shouldn't worry about this too much. Hypercleanliness kills good bacteria in addition to bad. Whether you wash with bar soap or liquid soap, you are probably as clean as you need to be unless your immune system is compromised.
I like liquid because I don't want to rub the bar all over my body right after the last person. I have a soap sponge and liquid soap and I really don't even like my husband using my sponge... I also replace the sponge often.
A lot more suds and a pretty smell. It's not that good to use soaps that kill germs because we become immune to it. I just love the scents. Body Wash all the way!!
i think that the body wash really works better then the soap and kills more germs... they both are really the same thing but the body wash is better.
well nothing accsuly just a bar of soap is full of bactirea and body wash is not
bar soap supposedly dries your skin out
WAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment