Thursday, December 24, 2009

What body wash should I use while on Accutane?

I am in my fourth week of Accutane. My lips are very dry, and so is my skin and scalp. I was wondering what body wash would be the best to moisturize but not promote breakouts on my back or chest.What body wash should I use while on Accutane?
I was on Accutane for 4-5 months (although it never REALLY worked--but made a huge difference, I'll give it that...) anyway.. use Cetaphil ($7-8), there are also cheaper generic products that compare to Cetaphil on the bottle. It's all the same, and it's not foamy. It's more of a lotion but it works, and trust me..you'll get dryer as the days go on--you can use it on your face too. I also recommend either Vaseline or Merle Norman balm for your lips. There's also a thick Cetaphil cream to put on afer your shower that's made especially for dry skin. Don't be afraid of piling it on. Trust me, dry peely skin covered by makeup looks worse. If your doctor hasn't prescribed you Vitamin E, ask her/him about it. Good luck!What body wash should I use while on Accutane?
I was also on accutane... You can use phisoderm, or aveeno...anything that is medicated/gentle. Always use chap stick because your lips will peel. Keep sunscreen handy because the sun will also dry out your skin.


If you want a heavy moisturiser, get aquaphor (walmart/ cvs) its an over the counter ointment that is very thick, but if you apply it overnight, your skin will feel very soothing the next day. Aquaphor is really for burns, but will definitely replenish the skin...its very gooky.

No comments:

Post a Comment