Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is antibacterial body wash causing more acne on the face?

I have acne around my mouth and chin area, but no where else. I am also prone to very dry skin. I wash my face with antibacterial body wash and sometimes use cetaphil to mosturize. Everything I have tried to get rid of acne isn't working. I have even tried proactive. I never had acne as a teenager and now that I'm 25, here it is. Should I just be rinsing with water only and not washing?Is antibacterial body wash causing more acne on the face?
I know where you're coming from. My brother has bad acne and nothing he has used in the past has worked. I would definitely not recommend that you stop using soap to wash your face! It is very important! However, a body wash is not the best thing to wash your face with. Use a bar of glycerin soap or another soap that is gentle, yet very good for the face. One thing I do recommend is getting a cloth that will exfoliate your skin. Something to remove any dead skin cells and remove dirt and oil. That should help a lot!





They have something at Wal-Mart called AcneFree, and that is known to work pretty well. I have used it before. I personally don't have really any acne at all, but to keep it from coming I am currently using a AcneFree Acne and Blackhead Terminator. I have used it for a long time and it doesn't fail me. It comes in a small tube. One of my cousins who has bad acne did try it once and said that the next morning she noticed a big difference and she got really excited and decided to get her own.





One other thing I would recommend is a possible change of diet. If you are eating a lot of excess sugar and processed foods, then that will largely contribute to acne. Stuff like pop and candy should be limited if consumed at all. Eat more of your fruits and veggies and drink LOTS water! Water will help in flushing out the toxins that are in your body and need to be removed. Acne will not come if there isn't anything bad in your body that is needing to come out. That is just something to remember.





I hope this info helps! I really hope you find an answer and remember that you are beautiful no matter how many blemishes you may have!! God bless!Is antibacterial body wash causing more acne on the face?
Body wash might be too harsh on your face. Cetaphil is a good moisturizer I use it as well...I use facial cleanser since I have acne prone skin (32 yrs) I also use St. Ives apricot scrub for blemish and blackheads ( salicylic acid I believe it contained ) and Oral contraceptive ( tri orthocylen or trinessa (generic) or trisprintec (generic) ) Witch hazel ( astringent ) for blotchiness. Once every two weeks, use Vitamin E sink in moisture mask by Body shop for hydration. And don't forget to moisturize at night as well.
I had the same problem- turns out it was hormones and I was adding to it by touching my face there... ie. resting my head in my hand while I was working at my desk. I now wash my face with noxema (non- drying) and do my best to not touch my face. Hope that helps out!





Oh- also... in my experience Proactive is VERY drying. And if you don't wash your face with some sort of cleansing product- you will get more acne. You have to get rid of the dirt from everyday, it's in the air so even if you don't touch your face you would still need a cleanser.
The antibacterial body wash most probably is way too abrasive. Wash with mild facial cleaner, a foam or like, and moisturize lightly, a gel might be good.





As to how to control the acne:





1.Go to a dermatologist.





2. Sleep at least 8 hours a night, that is the time (deep sleep) your body produces hormones that keep your skin in shape.





3. Eat your veggies.





Good luck!
body wash and face wash are both designed differently so it might well be the body wash thats causing an acne flare-up, body washes are usualy way stronger than face washes and strips the face of natural oils that upsets the balance of the skin, causing irritation and leading to acne.





use a seperate wash for ur face, go for a mild one thats PH balanced ^__^ Simple do a great range of gentle products. xx
see a dermatologists, they can work wonders. It sounds like you have a hormonal problem though
I don't think you have full blown acne simply because your too old.





This outbreak could be down to recent stress?
No to both questions .

No comments:

Post a Comment