Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can getting body wash in your eye cause infection?

3 days ago I got a large amount of body wash in my eye. I rinsed it out fairly well until it didn't hurt much anymore. I then decided to put my contact lenses in. At this time my eye did not hurt at all. I left them in for 3 days as they are ok to leave in all month. During the 3 days, i experienced no pain until 30 mins ago when I took them out. I noticed that there was a small thing of unclear white (probably the body wash) on my contact lense of the eye I got the body wash in. My eye started hurting again so I rinsed my eye out again. Because body wash had been on my eye for 3 days, could it do any damage to my eye? My vision is still ok, it's just that my eye is hurting.Can getting body wash in your eye cause infection?
No the body wash could not cause any major damage as it is mostly water, unless it is a medical wash for external use only then you might want to consult a doctor. Leave your contacts out for about 4 days, wash your eyes every time you go to the bathroom and keep the eye makeup off for the 4 days also. Once you put your contacts back in make sure they are very clean and that your hands are cleaned with antibiotic soap so that your fingers wont get anything into your eyes. If you start to feel a sharp pain in your eyes when you put the contact in there is most likely a reaction after the 4 days to body wash that was stuck in your eye, then i would suggest going to the doctor. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment